Senior Pictures in Montecito and Santa BArbara
Our Approach, Pricing & Process
Santa Barbara Senior Pictures
Recent Senior Yearbook Pictures
Senior Pictures in Santa Barbara
Are you looking for the best senior picture photographer to capture once in a lifetime photos for a graduating high school senior or college student? We help every client cherish this moment for a lifetime. We have the time and passion for the kind of senior pictures you expect and the candids you and your son or daughter will treasure forever.
Let Doug Ellis Photography capture your child’s true self by scheduling your photo session below. Keep us in mind for senior yearbook pictures for your 2023 grad! We are one of the top Santa Barbara photographers for senior yearbook pictures and graduation portraits for college graduates and Masters degree graduation portraits too!
Various Senior Picture Outfits & Senior Picture Ideas for Your Graduating High School or College Senior
You don’t have to waste time searching for “senior picture photographers near me” in Santa Barbara. Doug Ellis Photography is your resource to help craft a collection of iconic senior or graduation pictures. From an indoor photo studio style shoot to an outdoor setting like Alice Keck park memorial gardens, it will be a fun experience that your child can look back on with pride. My assistant and I are happy to meet you wherever you feel most comfortable and have the best memories. In addition, we understand that your child wants the best look during this significant milestone of their life. Whether they want to rock formal, casual, or sporty attire, Doug Ellis Photography has the tips and ideas to celebrate graduation in style.
Here are some of our favorite senior picture ideas and senior picture outfit suggestions:
- Outdoor setting: Consider taking your senior photos in a natural setting, such as a park or garden. This can add a sense of whimsy and youth to your photos.
- Urban setting: For a more edgy, city vibe, try taking your senior photos in an urban setting. This could be in the downtown area of your city or in an interesting architectural setting like our funk zone or a colorful mural, or even a parking garage with a great view.
- Sports or hobbies: Incorporate your passions and hobbies into your senior photos as in the example. ofthe ballerina below.. If you’re a athlete, consider taking some photos on the field or court. If you love music, bring along your instrument.
- Formal wear: Dress up in a formal outfit, such as a tuxedo or evening gown, for a classic and sophisticated look.
- Casual wear: On the other hand, you could go for a more laid-back and casual look by wearing your favorite jeans and t-shirt.
- Group photos: Consider including your friends in your senior photos for a fun group shot.
- Pets: If you have a beloved pet, consider including them in your senior photos for a personalized and unique touch.
- Special location: Is there a place that holds special meaning to you? Consider taking your senior photos there to add a personal touch.
- Black and white: Black and white photos have a timeless and elegant feel. Consider converting some of your senior photos to black and white for a classic look.
- Seasonal: The time of year can also play a role in your senior photo shoot. Fall foliage, spring flowers, and winter snow can all add a beautiful and seasonal touch to your photos.
Ultimately, the best senior picture idea or outfit is one that reflects your personality and interests. Don’t be afraid to think outside the box and try something unique.
How Much Do Senior or Graduation Pictures Cost?
I charge $475 for my 45 minute session with three retouched files and a gallery of high res selects. $675 for up to an hour and a half and five high res selects which allows us to go to multiple locations and change into multiple senior picture outfits. The Full Session also includes more selects in the gallery and time to include friends and family into the session as well.
Schedule Senior Pictures
What Makes Me One of the Best Photographers for Senior Pictures?
Empowering Photoshoot: A Personalized Experience for Timeless Results
The best senior picture idea or outfit reflects who your child is. As your trusted photographer, I take the time to get to know your child: what makes them smile, how they like to zone out, their favorite places, and memories from their past. Together, we’ll choose the perfect senior picture poses, outfits, hairstyle and makeup, and locations that tell their story.
Senior year is the best year of high school. It’s a rollercoaster of emotions and can be all of the feelings. Based on your preference, I’ll photograph timeless photos that stir up senior year memories and radiate your child’s joy and happiness.
With my expertise, you can achieve:
Clean, bright, and natural images that make the most of your personality and the beauty of Santa Barbara, Goleta, Montecito, Carpinteria, and sometimes Wine Country.
Senior pictures filled with your teenager’s authentic personality.
What Can I Do for Your Senior?
Your senior is ready to start their next chapter. However, before they do, let Doug Ellis Photography take a moment to capture this moment. Let’s give them a one-of-a-kind senior portrait session designed just for them!
As your passionate photographer, I can capture memories for the following purposes:
- Yearbook pictures: In some schools, students may choose their senior yearbook photo over the traditional cap and gown shot. I can photograph a professional photo just for your senior’s yearbook.
- Graduation portraits: Every senior deserves a beautiful photo to remember their high school years. I’ll work with you to preserve those exciting and happiest moments through quality portraits.
- Fun senior gallery: Your teenager will only be a senior once, so why not give them a fun photoshoot to celebrate their achievement? Senior pictures are a great way to preserve these memories. It will help your teenager look back on and cherish the best year of their life!
Competitive Value Priced Senior Picture Packages
Senior pictures in Santa Barbara can cost anywhere from a few hundred dollars to thousands depending on photographer experience and print collections. If you want to ensure you get usable digital files, a reasonable turnaround time, and help with ordering printed products or graduation books, hiring a professional senior picture photographer can be the best option.
As of 2023, senior picture packages around Santa Barbara range from $350 to $850, with some photographers charging per-image download fees or additional print purchases. However, at Doug Ellis Photography, you’ll get a competitive rate with our mini and full session packages.
- Mini Session ($475): This includes a 45-minute session with high-resolution options and three retouched files.
- Full Session ($675): This is a 1.5-hour session with multiple locations, outfits, and five high-resolution selects. You can also include more selects in the gallery and time for friends and family to join the photo session.
Fun & Relaxed Photo Sessions
At Doug Ellis Photography, I take pride in delivering exceptional senior portraits while creating a comfortable and fun experience throughout each photo session. My assistant and I strive to build relationships with our clients that continue long beyond after the photo shoot. From your first appointment to the day of your session, we work hard to keep your experience as personalized and professional as possible. Our sessions are relaxed, fun, and all about capturing unique, beautiful portraits that reflect your teenager’s personality.
A Seamless Senior Photography Process
You’ve come to the right place if you’re searching for “senior pictures near me” in Santa Barbara. With a collaborative approach, we can memorialize your child’s senior year with a customized set of portraits.
Here’s how our process works.
- Consultation. To get things started, we have a free discovery consultation to ensure we have a good vibe. We take the time to listen to your needs and vision. Then, we’ll collaborate on the best ways to go about your session.
- The Session This time is all about your child’s personality! We provide the opportunity to explore different locations, let loose, and have fun while capturing their personality and spirit perfectly. Your teenager is free to choose their own senior picture poses and movements.
- Downloading and Enjoying Your Photos--No Watermarks or Restrictions After the photoshoot, we’ll edit and compile the photos as agreed. Once ready, we’ll contact you and send the online gallery.
Any parent knows the power of photos. The emotion captured in a photo of your child at this moment in their life is even more special. We ensure that they’ll cherish their senior photos for a lifetime.